Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Creative and Cheap Art Idea

When designing a room, one of the first budgets to get slashed is art. But there are an unlimited amount of ideas for DIY art that can be beautiful and inexpensive.

I ran into this particular problem when redesigning my bedroom. I was out of money and needed to do something creative to get some color on the walls.

I had 3 vintage oval frames leftover from a flea market months before, but one of the pieces of glass was broken. Then, I had a cool idea. I picked out 3 different coordinating fabrics that went with my color scheme and "upholstered" the frames, then hung them on the wall.

To start, you just lay down the frame with the back facing you, the lay down the fabric, then the batting. Then you just put the back on the frame, trim the excess, and you're done. This project is so easy and insanely cute!

Have you done any art projects that you'd like to share on Cheap Chic? Contact me at mocklidesigns@gmail.com for details.

***Don't forget to like me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and Follow me on Pinterest. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment